BlockRacers is an open online world (currently in development) where you can explore vast landscapes and monumental architecture while racing other users at daunting speeds.
Initially focused on creating a range of collectible in-world assets to generate interest, grow the community and finance continued development.
We'll then be working on developing the world while engaging with the growing community.
We aim to:
- Create a unique digital world with a striking aesthetic where people can race, search for artifacts and explore the ever-growing landscape.
- Focus on unique graphic design, architecture and world building.
- Build a thriving community that is involved in the on-going developement process.
Stage 1 Current
Release first collectible - Generation 1 Racers (50 tokens)
This will allow us to gauge interest and hopefully generate a small amount of funding to contribute to development.
Release alpha version of the world
This will be a very early test version that will allow users to load up their racer avatar and zoom around a test map. Development includes world physics, game asset loading & initial map asset handling.
Release second collectible - Generation 2 Racers
New model, skins and foundry
Initial mods (modifications) release
Mod smart contract launched and first mod type available
Initial multiplayer implementation & first map section (Central Plaza)
First implementation of racing mechanic
- Expanding online world with new sectors, building types, environments and effects.
- Racer mods:
- Block mods - allows user to change parts of a racer (eg. replace thruster with different type)
- Skin mods - allows user to add customized skins
- Stats mods - upgrade racer stats (eg. speed, acceleration, handling etc) for game world.
- New Collectibles:
- Property ownership/management mechanic, ability to own spaces in game world and decide which structure to place / graphics to appear
- Open-source the BlockRacer renderer and a few other tools for people to use